Your Advocate For Justice Against Sex Crime Allegations
Accusations of a sex crime can ruin a person’s reputation and destroy relationships even before they go to trial. If you face allegations of a sex offense, you need immediate legal help from an experienced and dedicated criminal defense lawyer. The attorneys at DTurner Legal, LLC, will protect your legal rights at every stage of your case. You deserve justice and a fair process in which to defend yourself.
Sexual Assault Cases We Represent
Many sex offenses are considered serious and violent felonies with hefty penalties and long-lasting repercussions. We represent a wide range of sex crime cases, including the following:
- Rape – Indiana law defines rape as sexual intercourse or other sexual conduct with the victim by the perpetrator either through force, the threat of force, or when the victim cannot give consent due to diminished capacity or is unconscious.
- Sexual assault – Sexual assault is a broad term referring to a group of sex offenses where sexual conduct occurs without the victim’s consent. This can include rape as well as sexual molestation of a minor and sexual battery.
- Child pornography – Creating or distributing child pornography is a level 5 felony in Indiana, whereas possessing it is a level 6 felony. These laws apply to any child under age 18, but penalties are more severe if the child is under age 14.
- Prostitution and solicitation – Whether you offer sexual services for money or attempt to buy sexual services, you are violating Indiana law and could face criminal charges.
- Computer sex crimes – These crimes cover a variety of offenses using the computer. Examples include soliciting or selling sexual services online, or purchasing or viewing child pornography.
These are just examples of the types of cases we represent but by no means all of them. If you are unsure about whether we might handle your case, please call to discuss it with us in a free consultation. We can also help you with violations of your probate or modifications to your sentence.
What You Should Know About The State Registry
The Indiana Sex Offender Registry tracks people convicted of certain sex crimes. If the court requires you to register, your name and address, as well as the circumstances of your conviction will be made public. Depending on your charges, you will stay on the registry for 10 years or for life. This can have a serious impact on your future, including employment. We will fight to keep you off of the registry.
We Are Here To Help
You do not have to face these charges alone. To find out how we can help, schedule a free initial consultation. You can send an online message or call our office in Indianapolis at 317-868-5916.